Saturday, February 28, 2009

How Do I Quickly Defrost Sausages

Reveries of the Solitary Walker


I took advantage of my solo expedition to highlight this little book that I like Rousseau: Reveries of the Solitary Walker . Rousseau says including how he plans to do everything in his power to succeed in life until the age of 40 years ... and beyond that no longer enjoy the moment. (Why not ..) The

dreams are a work of the late philosopher's life (he has over 40 years). His writings have made him very unpopular, he has made many enemies, and feels hated men (which is partly true, partly linked to his paranoia).

In this book, no great philosophical ideas, it is far from grand theories like Discous on the Origin of Inequality Among Men (as I do not have him on Saturday morning at dawn along, I assure you). Rousseau leaves here to go to dream, to contemplate the landscape, meditating on his human condition. For him, happiness is then in contemplation, walking and especially a symbiotic relationship with nature. Here for example the beautiful lake passage from the Fifth Drive (there are ten in all): "When evening approached, I was walking down the peaks of the island and I would gladly sit on the lake strikes in some asylum hidden; is the sound of the waves and the stirring of the water laying my senses and my soul chasing any agitation plunged into a reverie delicious when night surprised me often without my noticing. The ebb and flow of this water, but the noise continued intermittently swollen hard hitting my ear and my eye supplement to internal motions that reverie and extinguished in me enough to make me feel happy with my life, without bothering to thinking. From time to time some born weak and short reflection on the instability of things in this world whose surface waters offered me the picture, but these soon faded slight impressions in the uniformity of continuous movement that rocked me. "

Well, some parts are downright dark, and we said he does not grow old alone, even when you're a brilliant philosopher: "So here I am alone on earth, having no brother next boyfriend society myself" But

finish on an optimistic note: "The source of true happiness is within us, and it does not depend on men to make them really miserable one who knows will be happy." To think ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment